ID Printers, Badges & Accessories
7 Benefits Of Choosing A Vertical ID Badge
Does your company use ID badges to access the building or specific rooms within the building? Are you considering installing a system that utilizes ID badges? Either way, you will need to decide whether you're going to use a vertical ID badge or a horizontal ID badge style.
Rather than basing a decision on functionality, it frequently boils down to nothing more than a personal design preference. With so many horizontally design badges out there, you may wish to have yours stand out, courtesy of the vertical ID card design.
The following will show the highlights of each style of badge.
Vertical ID Badge
Choose the vertical format because:
- It has limited personal data, so it's safe to carry in your wallet
- It can be used for manufacturing, administration, etc.
- It can provide proof of over or under 21 years of age
- It can specify part-time or full-time employees
- It can be used as hospital joint commission cards or for school IDs
- These cards can list/identify titles, departments, first and last names, and more
- They can be worn on a lanyard or as a badge (with pinned card holder)
Keep in mind, however, that on a vertical badge, as a rule, many logos cannot be printed as large and as clearly as they can on a horizontal badge.
Horizontal ID Badge
Reasons to go with the horizontal ID badge consist of the following:
- There’s plenty of room for company logos and other data
- More detailed cardholder data can be included, so it may be useable for other ID purposes
- Coding graphics, name, and photo are recognizable from a distance
- Color coding and icons stand out better
- If you punch a hole in the card, due to the design, the hole is less likely to go through the photo or print graphics
- The lanyard attachment or strap clip is less likely to provide interference when swiping, thanks to the horizontal design
- Horizontally designed ID cards tend to get in the way less often, in general
- If placed in a pinned card holder, can be worn as an ID badge
Note: Barcodes (that you swipe) should be located along the card’s longest edge for the best results.
Need Vertical ID Badges? Shop at 3iD Management
3iD Management can provide you with the following items:
- ID cards
- Badge accessories
- ID software and photo capture
- ID printer supplies <li">
- ID card printers
- Visitor badges
We want to be your trusted source for ID printers, badges, and accessories. We have numerous 3iD cards in stock with lifetime warranties. Looking for a specific printer? We’ll walk you through our selection and help you find the right one. Whenever you need to order ID printer supplies, we’re here for you.
On a tight budget? We save you money in the following ways:
- Click the "Receive Promo Code" button for 10% off your first order – first time 3iD customers receive a discount.
- Check out the "Hot Deals of the Month" on our website.
- We also offer discounts for large orders.
Feel free to contact our customer care team at 800-316-7304 if you have any questions.