- Technical Specs
Fargo DTC4500e Single-Sided Printer
Fargo ECO - YMCKO Color Ribbon - 500 Images
- 300 UltraCard PVC Cards
- Asure ID Express Software
- 3 Cleaning Rollers
- High-End USB Digital Camera
- USB cable
- 3 Year Printer Warranty
- 2 Year Asure ID Protect Plan
- Free US Ground Shipping On Orders Over $99
- ÂƒÂƒHigh-volume performance â€“ Built for organizations requiring robust, high-volume printing every day. Standard features include high-capacity ribbon supplies and dual-input card hoppers that allow for maximum card input capacity and management of multiple card types.
- End-to-End Control, Flexibility and Security â€“ The optional iCLASS SEÂ® encoder (part of the iCLASS SE open encoder platform) can be fully integrated into your printer, allowing you to create, encode (read/write) and manage your secure credentials from start-to-finish. Design personalized ID badges locally and then program them to work with your current physical access control system (PACS), streamlining your ordering, inventory management, and issuance processes.
- ÂƒÂƒHighly versatile â€“ The modular design enables organizations to build on their investment by adding field-upgradeable modules for dual-sided printing, lamination and technology card encoding.
- Maximum protection â€“ Protect blank card stock and printed/encoded cards with optional locking card hoppers.
- Earth friendly â€“ ENERGY STARÂ® certified for efficient energy consumption and eco-friendly
The versatility of the DTC4500e is unsurpassed. Driven by an extremely robust and reliable print engine, this high-volume printer delivers speed, power and versatility rolled into one.
High-capacity ribbons enable the DTC4500e to print twice as many full-color cards as most printers before the ribbon has to be changed, providing continuous high-quality card printing and encoding.
The DTC4500e combines high security and convenience to easily print what you need, including:
- Built-in security with password-protected printer operation and fluorescent panel printing for a cost-effective and dynamic increase in card security.
- ÂƒÂƒSmartScreenâ„¢ graphical display provides easy-to-follow prompts so youâ€™ll always know printer status.
- ÂƒÂƒStandard dual-input card hopper increases capacity or management of multiple card types.
- Easily integrates into existing IT infrastructures through the built-in Ethernet and USB connection, allowing for centralized or remote ID card issuance.
- ÂƒÂƒFARGO Workbenchâ„¢ diagnostic utility facilitates printer maintenance. Its Color Assistâ„¢ tool matches spot colors. ensuring accurate prints of graphics, such as company logos.
- ÂƒÂƒIncrease security with optional locking card hoppers.
- ÂƒÂƒFully compatible with Asure IDÂ® card personalization software for badge design, database management and technology card encoding, as well as EasyLobbyÂ® Secure Visitor Management solutions.
The FARGOÂ® DTC4500e is built with Genuine HIDÂ® technology and is fully interoperable with other products in the HID ecosystem, enabling organizations to leverage their existing technology investments.
The DTC4500e offers field-upgradeable options for migration to higher levels of security in the future:
- ÂƒÂƒA Wi-Fi accessory for Ethernet-enabled printers, allowing you to print anywhere, anytime.
- ÂƒÂƒAn optional iCLASS SEÂ® encoder that enables your printer to be compatible with the HID secure identity ecosystem. This includes the ability to program the HID PACS data in the printer. The encoder provides an additional layer of security to your identity program by allowing for processing of Secure Identity Object (SIO) data, and enabling the printer to become a Trusted Identity Platform (TIP) endpoint.
- ÂƒÂƒCard lamination for applying over laminates to produce highly-secure cards that resist forgery and increase card durability. Unique, dual-sided simultaneous lamination saves time with increased throughput.
- ÂƒÂƒA dual-sided printing module that enables you to add additional company or cardholder information and security features, such as duplicate photos and digital signature.
- ÂƒTechnology encoding modules encode data for magnetic stripe, proximity, contact and/or contactless technology cards, such as iCLASS SEÂ® and MIFARE which enable access control or other applications.
Resolution - 300 dpi (11.8 dots/mm) continuous tone
Colors - Up to 16.7 million / 256 shades per pixel
Print Ribbon Options
- Full-color with resin black and overlay panel, YMCKO*, 500 prints, more economical and eco-friendly refill ribbon for cartridge (ECO only)
- Full-color half-panel with resin black and overlay panel, YMCKO*, 850 prints, ECO only
- Full-color with two resin black panels and overlay panel, YMCKOK*, 500 prints, ECO only
- Full-color with fluorescing, resin black and overlay panel, YMCFKO*, 500 prints, ECO only
- Full-color with fluorescing, two resin black panels and overlay panel, YMCFKOK*, 400 prints, ECO only
- Full-color with two resin black panels and overlay panel, YMCKK*, 500 prints, ECO only
- Resin black and overlay panel, KO*, 1250 prints, ECO only
- Dye-sublimation black and overlay panel, BO*, 1250 prints, ECO only
- Resin black (standard and premium), 3000 prints, ECO only
- Resin green, blue, red, white, silver and gold, 2000 prints, ECO only
- Rewrite technology - no ribbon required
Print Speed** - 6 seconds per card (K*); 8 seconds per card (KO*); 16 seconds per card (YMCKO*); 24 seconds per card (YMCKOK*)
Accepted Standard Card Sizes - CR-80 (3.375˝ L x 2.125˝ W / 85.6 mm L x 54 mm W); CR-79 Adhesive Back (3.313˝ L x 2.063˝ W / 84.1 mm L x 52.4 mm W)
Print Area - CR-80 edge-to-edge (3.36˝ L x 2.11˝ W / 85.3 mm L x 53.7 mm W); CR-79 (3.3˝ L x 2.04˝ W / 83.8 mm L x 51.8 mm W)
Accepted Card Thickness - Print only: .009˝ - .040˝ / 9 mil - 40 mil / .229 mm - 1.016 mm; print / lamination: .030˝ - .040˝ / 30 mil - 40 mil / .762 mm - 1.02 mm
Accepted Card Types - PVC or polyester cards with polished PVC finish; monochrome resin required for 100% polyester cards; optical memory cards with PVC finish; rewrite
Input Hopper Card Capacity - Dual-input card hopper (200 cards)
Output Hopper Card Capacity - Up to 100 cards (.030˝ / .762 mm)
Reject Hopper Card Capacity - Up to 100 cards (.030˝ / .762 mm) - same-side input/output card hopper or lamination module required
Card Cleaning - Card cleaning roller integrated into ribbon cartridge; cleaning roller is automatically replaced with each ribbon change
Memory - 32 MB RAM
Software Drivers - Windows® XP / Windows Vista® (32 bit & 64 bit) / Server 2003 & 2008 / Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 (32 bit & 64 bit) / MAC OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8 (Available soon) / Linux*** (Available soon)
Interface - USB 2.0 and Ethernet with internal print server
Operating Temperature - 65° to 80° F / 18° to 27° C
Humidity - 20–80% non-condensing
- Single-sided printer: 9.8˝ H x 18.1˝ W x 9.2˝ D / 249 mm H x 460 mm W x 234 mm D
- Dual-sided printer: 9.8˝ H x 18.7˝ W x 9.2˝ D / 249 mm H x 475 mm W x 234 mm D
- Printer + lam: 18.9˝ H x 18.7˝ W x 9.2˝ D / 480 mm H x 475 mm W x 234 mm D
Weight - Single-sided printer: 9 lbs / 4.1 Kg; dual-sided printer: 11 lbs / 5 Kg; printer + lam: 20 lbs / 9.1 Kg
Agency Listings - Safety: UL 60950-2, CSA C22.2 (60950-07), and CE; EMC: FCC Class A, CE (EN 55022 Class A, EN 55024), CCC, BSMI, KC
Environmental Features - ENERGY STAR® qualified card printer (base models only without encoders and lamination module) and refillable supply cartridges (ECO)
Supply Voltage - 100-240Vac, 50-60Hz, 1.6 Amps max.
Supply Frequency - 50 Hz / 60 Hz
Warranty - Printer – three years; Printhead – three years, unlimited pass with UltraCard®
Encoding Options - Supported smart card and magnetic stripe technologies: 125 kHz (HID Prox) reader; 13.56 MHz (iCLASS® Standard/SE/SR/Seos, MIFARE Classic®, MIFARE Plus®, MIFARE DESFire®, MIFARE DESFire® EV1, ISO 14443 A/B, ISO 15693) read/write encoder; contact smart card encoder reads from and writes to all ISO7816 1/2/3/4 memory and microprocessor smart cards (T=0, T=1) as well as synchronous cards; ISO magnetic stripe encoding, dual high- and low-coercivity, tracks 1, 2 and 3
Supported Access Control Credential Programming - iCLASS® Standard/SE/SR/Seos, MIFARE Classic™, MIFARE DESFire® EV1, HID Prox
Options - Single wire Ethernet and USB 2.0 interface for inline printing and encoding (note: single wire Ethernet encoding is only available for iCLASS®, MIFARE®, and contact smart card encoding); Ethernet-enabled printer supports wireless accessory; dual-sided printing module; same-side input/output card hopper; locking card input/output hopper; smart card encoding modules (contact/contactless); magnetic stripe encoding module; printer cleaning kit; Ethernet with internal print server; secure proprietary consumables system
Software - Swift ID™ embedded badging application, FARGO Workbench™ diagnostic utility with Color Assist™ spot-color matching
Display - User friendly, SmartScreen™ graphical display
Printer Security - Printer access password protected
* Indicates the ribbon type and the number of ribbon panels printed where Y=yellow, M=magenta, C=cyan, K=resin black, O=overlay, B=dye sublimation black.
** Print speed indicates an approximate print speed and is measured from the time a card drops into the output hopper to the time the next card drops into the output hopper. Print speeds do not include encoding time or the time needed for the PC to process the image. Process time is dependent on the size of the file, the CPU, amount of RAM and the amount of available resources at the time of the print.
***Linux versions: Ubuntu 12.04, Debian 7.0, Fedora 18, Mandriva 2011, Red Hat 6.4, Open Suse 12.3