- Technical Specs
Fargo DTC4250e Single-Sided Printer Fargo EZ - YMCKO Color Ribbon - 250 Images 300 UltraCard PVC Cards 3 Cleaning Rollers Asure ID Express Software High-end USB Digital Camera USB cable 3 Year Printer Warranty 2 Year Asure ID Protect Plan
- Free US Ground Shipping On Orders Over $99
- ÂƒÂƒHighly versatile â€“ Powerful printing in a modular, scalable design that simplifies equipment upgrades and migration to higher levels of security.
- ÂƒÂƒEnd-to-End Control, Flexibility and Security â€“ The optional iCLASS SEÂ® encoder (part of the iCLASS SE open encoder platform) can be fully integrated into your printer, allowing you to create, encode (read/write) and manage your secure credentials from start-to-finish. Design personalized ID badges locally and then program them to work with your current physical access control system (PACS), streamlining your ordering, inventory management, and issuance processes.
- Easy-to-use â€“ Efficient set-up, loading and printing with all-in-one print ribbon and card cleaning cartridge (EZ), and SmartScreenâ„¢ graphical display.
- ÂƒÂƒEnhanced protection â€“ Standard printer password protection and fluorescent panel printing provide a cost-effective and dynamic means of increasing card security.
- Earth friendly â€“ ENERGY STARÂ® certified for efficient energy consumption and eco-friendly (ECO) refill ribbons.
Designed for medium-sized businesses, schools and local government institutions seeking versatility in a convenient, professional and secure printer/encoder system, the DTC4250e is ideal for flexible, easy and reliable color printing and encoding of technology cards.
The DTC4250e combines versatility with simplicity to easily print what you need including:
- A sleek design with changeable footprint to accommodate office environments where space is at a premium.
- ÂƒÂƒSmartScreen graphical display with easy-to-follow prompts ensures youâ€™ll always know printer status.
- Eco-friendly erase and rewrite feature is ideal for creating temporary ID cards.
- FARGO Workbenchâ„¢ diagnostic utility facilitates printer maintenance. Its Color Assistâ„¢ tool matches spot colors, ensuring accurate prints of graphics such as company logos.
- ÂƒÂƒFully compatible with Asure IDÂ® card personalization software for badge design, database management and technology card encoding, as well as EasyLobbyÂ® Secure Visitor Management solutions.
The FARGOÂ® DTC4250e is built with Genuine HIDÂ® technology and is fully interoperable with other products in the HID ecosystem, enabling organizations to leverage their existing technology investments.
The DTC4250e not only meets your current needs, it can also be scaled to meet future requirements with the following optional field-upgradeable modules:
- A Wi-Fi accessory for Ethernet-enabled printers , allowing you to print anywhere, anytime.
- Choose from either the easy-to-use all-in-one ribbon cassette (EZ ribbons) or the more economical and eco-friendly refill ribbon (ECO ribbons) option.
- ÂƒÂƒAn optional iCLASS SEÂ® encoder that enables your printer to be compatible with the HID secure identity ecosystem. This includes the ability to program the HID PACS data in the printer. The encoder provides an additional layer of security to your identity program by allowing for processing of Secure Identity Object (SIO) data, and enabling the printer to become a Trusted Identity Platform (TIP) endpoint.
- A dual-sided printing module that enables you to add additional company or cardholder information and security features, such as duplicate photos and digital signature.
- Optional same-side, input/output card hopper and movable SmartScreenâ„¢ graphical display allows the printer to fit into tight spaces.
- ÂƒÂƒDual-input card hopper holds 200 cards for higher capacity printing and encoding.
- Optional technology card encoders that allow you to easily migrate to contact and contactless smart card technologies (including but not limited to iCLASS SEÂ® or MIFAREÂ®) or simple mag stripe and prox cards as needed.
Resolution - 300 dpi (11.8 dots/mm) continuous tone
Colors - Up to 16.7 million / 256 shades per pixel
Print Ribbon Options - Options include easy-to-use ribbon with disposable ribbon cartridge (EZ) and more economical and eco-friendly refill ribbon for cartridge (ECO).
Both EZ and ECO:
- Resin black (standard), 1000 prints
- Full-color with resin black and overlay panel, YMCKO*, 250 prints
- Full-color half-panel with resin black and overlay panel, YMCKO*, 350 prints
- Full-color with two resin black panels and overlay panel, YMCKOK*, 200 prints
- Full-color with fluorescing, resin black and overlay panel, YMCFKO*, 200 prints
- Full-color with fluorescing, two resin black panels and overlay panel, YMCFKOK*, 175 prints
- Resin black and overlay panel, KO*, 500 prints
- Dye-sublimation black and overlay panel, BO*, 500 prints
- Resin green, blue, red, white, silver, gold, 1000 prints
- Resin silver and gold metallic, 500 prints
- Rewrite technology - no ribbon is required
Print Speed** - 6 seconds per card (K*); 8 seconds per card (KO*); 16 seconds per card (YMCKO*); 24 seconds per card (YMCKOK*)
Accepted Standard Card Sizes - CR-80 (3.375˝ L x 2.125˝ W / 85.6 mm L x 54 mm W); CR-79 adhesive back (3.313˝ L x 2.063˝ W / 84.1 mm L x 52.4 mm W)
Print Area - CR-80 edge-to-edge (3.36˝ L x 2.11˝ W / 85.3 mm L x 53.7 mm W); CR-79 (3.3˝ L x 2.04˝ W / 83.8 mm L x 51.8 mm W)
Accepted Card Thickness - Print only: .009˝ - .040˝ / 9 mil - 40 mil / .229 mm - 1.016 mm; print / lamination: .030˝ - .040˝ / 30 mil - 40 mil / .762 mm - 1.02 mm
Accepted Card Types - PVC or polyester cards with polished PVC finish; monochrome resin required for 100% polyester cards; optical memory cards with PVC finish; rewrite
Input Hopper Card Capacity - Dual-input card hopper (200 cards)
Output Hopper Card Capacity - Up to 100 cards (.030˝ / .762 mm)
Reject Hopper Card Capacity - Up to 100 cards (.030˝ / .762 mm) - same-side input / output card hopper or lamination module required
Card Cleaning - Card cleaning roller integrated into ribbon cartridge; cleaning roller is automatically replaced with each ribbon change
Memory - 32 MB RAM
Software Drivers - Windows® XP / Windows Vista® (32 bit & 64 bit) / Server 2003 & 2008 / Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 (32 bit & 64 bit)/ MAC OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8 / Linux***
Interface - USB 2.0 and Ethernet with internal print server
Operating Temperature - 65° to 80° F / 18° to 27° C
Humidity - 20–80% non-condensing
- Single-sided printer: 9.8˝ H x 18.1˝ W x 9.2˝ D / 249 mm H x 460 mm W x 234 mm D
- Dual-sided printer: 9.8˝ H x 18.7˝ W x 9.2˝ D / 249 mm H x 475 mm W x 234 mm D
- Printer + lam: 18.9˝ H x 18.7˝ W x 9.2˝ D / 480 mm H x 475 mm W x 234 mm D
Weight - Single-sided printer: 9lbs / 4.1 Kg; dual-sided printer: 11lbs / 5 Kg; printer + lam: 20 lbs / 9.1 Kg
Agency Listings - Safety: UL 60950-2, CSA C22.2 (60950-07), and CE; EMC: FCC Class A, CE (EN 55022 Class A, EN 55024), CCC, BSMI, KC
Environmental Features - All configurations without a lamination module are ENERGY STAR® qualified printers
Supply Voltage - 100-240Vac, 50-60Hz, 1.6 Amps max
Supply Frequency - 50 Hz / 60 Hz
Warranty Printer – three years; printhead – three years, unlimited pass with UltraCard®
Encoding Options - Supported smart card and magnetic stripe technologies: 125 kHz (HID Prox) reader; 13.56 MHz (iCLASS® Standard/SE/SR/Seos, MIFARE Classic®, MIFARE Plus®, MIFARE DESFire®, MIFARE DESFire® EV1, ISO 14443 A/B, ISO 15693) read/write encoder; contact smart card encoder reads from and writes to all ISO7816 1/2/3/4 memory and microprocessor smart cards (T=0, T=1) as well as synchronous cards; ISO magnetic stripe encoding, dual high- and low-coercivity, tracks 1, 2 and 3
Supported Access Control Credential Programming - iCLASS® Standard/SE/SR/Seos, MIFARE Classic™, MIFARE DESFire® EV1, HID Prox
Options -Single wire ethernet and USB 2.0 interface for inline printing and encoding (note: single wire Ethernet encoding is only available for iCLASS®, MIFARE®, and contact smart card encoding); dual-sided printing module; same-side input/output card hopper; smart card encoding modules (contact/contactless); magnetic stripe encoding module; printer cleaning kit; secure proprietary consumables system
Software - Swift ID™ embedded badging application, FARGO Workbench™ diagnostic utility with Color Assist™ spot-color matching
Display - User friendly, SmartScreen™ graphical display
Printer Security - Printer access password protected
* Indicates the ribbon type and the number of ribbon panels printed where Y=yellow, M=magenta, C=cyan, K=resin black, O=overlay, B=dye sublimation black.
** Print speed indicates an approximate print speed and is measured from the time a card drops into the output hopper to the time the next card drops into the output hopper. Print speeds do not include encoding time or the time needed for the PC to process the image. Process time is dependent on the size of the file, the CPU, amount of RAM and the amount of available resources at the time of the print.
***Linux versions: Ubuntu 12.04, Debian 7.0, Fedora 18, Mandriva 2011, Red Hat 6.4, Open Suse 12.3