THE NEXT LEVEL IN CARD ISSUANCE
Datacard Group has re-designed and re-imagined card printing technology to deliver the breakthroughs you’ve been waiting for.
- Patent pending tactile impression feature that makes cards more secure
- Faster system throughput — up to 200 cards per hour single-sided — with less downtime
- Cost-effective security and durability features, lower total cost of ownership
- A unique patent pending card debow feature that flattens cards after lamination
Safeguard Your Enterprise with Advanced Security and Durability
With constant threats to your enterprise, protecting your people, premises and critical assets requires next-level strategies and technology for your ID card program. The Datacard® SD460™ card printer with a standard laminator directly addresses your concerns by delivering exceptional security and more durable cards. This card printer empowers issuers with innovative yet affordable offerings, including high-performance overlays, a unique tactile impression and a card debow feature.
- Innovation that matters. A tactile impression personalization feature enhances security by creating an impression on the card you can see and feel, making alteration attempts clearly visible. Choose from a set of standard designs or create a custom one specific to your organization, elevating security and your brand. Datacard® DuraShield™ clear and holographic overlays take security and durability to new levels by providing full edge-to-edge coverage that’s virtually impossible to remove intact and provides four times the durability of basic topcoats — at nearly the same price.
- Single-pass efficiency. Encode contact and contactless smart chips and magnetic stripes or add barcodes to make cards fully compatible with access control and other automated systems. You can also choose the security and durability you need with a range of high performance topcoats, polyester patches and overlays. All of this from a single system that offers faster throughput and a unique card debow feature that flattens cards after lamination.
- A complete, integrated solution. The SD460 card printer offers an open platform for integration into a variety of environments. Combined with Datacard® software, supplies and services, you now have a reliable solution for taking security and durability to the next level.
DATACARD® TACTILE IMPRESSION FEATURE - SECURITY YOU CAN SEE AND FEEL
Card security is an evolving process that requires new technology specifically designed to protect people, programs and budgets. Datacard Group’s patent pending tactile impression feature offers a truly impressive differentiator that takes security and card design to new levels of personalization.
First of its kind technology, perfect for any application
The tactile impressor feature, designed exclusively for use in the Datacard® SD460 card printer with inline lamination module, offers an affordable and entry-level security feature ideal for any card program. This patent-pending feature utilizes a mechanical die within the laminator that physically impresses a generic or custom design directly onto the card substrate and overlay or patch laminate in the same pass. The final output is a card with added counterfeiting and tampering resistance that will impress any cardholder.
Enhanced security at the time of personalization
The key behind creating a secure ID is to incorporate multiple layers of defense throughout the card that inhibit tampering and counterfeiting - yet still remains easy to visually verify for authenticity. When using the tactile impression feature, cards instantly become more secure by physically altering the card substrate and overlay and patch laminate with a feature that is difficult to replicate, yet easy to validate by inspectors. It also enhances tamper evidence by tearing a patch laminate during an attempt to remove it, rendering the laminate unusable for application onto counterfeit cards. Positioning the impression over the portion of a cardholder photo or personal information also protects this sensitive data from alteration.
Impressive branding, impressive customization
In addition to increased security, a tactile impression is perfect for card issuers looking for ways to highlight and promote their brand with eye-catching features unlike anything currently available in the marketplace. Datacard Group offers a variety of generic designs that fit most market applications or issuers can also choose to design a unique die that’s distinctively theirs. A die design can be anything from text only, to an image, or a combination of both. For the ultimate level of secure customization, pair a custom die with a customized holographic overlay also available from Datacard Group.
- Free US Ground Shipping On Orders Over $99
Track 1, 2 and 3
There are 3 tracks defined in the design of the card: Track 1, 2 and 3
- Think of the tracks as guidelines for the center of the design.
- The tactile impression can be moved along any of those three tracks
- The design can be impressed numerous times along the tracks
There are three sections noted on the card image: Section A, B and C.
- The center of any impression made on the card has to be in Section B, past the yellow line noted in the card image.
- The image may overlap into Section A or C, as noted in the image above.
- The impression may move slightly on each card as it passes through. The variability differs by section
o Section B: +/- 0.040in (1 mm)
o Section C: +/- 0.080in (2 mm)
- It is not recommended that you impress over the magnetic stripe as this may damage it.
- It is also highly recommended that you do not impress over contactless chips or antenna, or contact chips.