CONTACTLESS, HIGH-FREQUENCY SMART CARD READER FOR SEOS AND OTHER SIO-ENABLED CREDENTIALS
- Leverage existing employee badge – Expand the usage of existing physical access cards to computer logon, as well as network and cloud access.
- Supports Seos® and iCLASS SE® Platform – Multi-layered security that extends beyond the card technology, providing additional protection to identity data
- Enhanced System security supporting high frequency credentials - including iCLASS Seos®, iCLASS SE®, iCLASS Elite®, iCLASS®, MIFARE® Classic, MIFARE DESFire® and other SIO-enabled credentials
- CCID support – Eliminates the need to install drivers on standard operating systems
HID Global’s OMNIKEY® 5023 enables strong authentication to computer, network or cloud applications, supporting 13.56 MHz credentials with enhanced system security such as iCLASS Seos®, iCLASS SE®, iCLASS Elite®.
Typical environments for the reader include healthcare, pharmaceutical, financial services, enterprise, government and other agencies seeking higher security and access management.
The new reader has an integrated cryptographic module supporting enhanced security schemes such as Secure Identity Object™ (SIO). HID Global's SIO-enabled ecosystem offers a highly secure, standards based, technology-independent and flexible identity data structure.
The reader is supporting Seos and is part of the iCLASS SE Platform. It provides multi-layer security that extends beyond the card technology for additional protection to identity data.
The OMNIKEY 5023 can also be used to meet security and regulatory compliance requirements which mandate twofactor user authentication for accessing workstations and applications. As part of the ActivID® Tap Authentication™ solution, the reader also enhances the user experience and security by allowing user to simply tap a card to a device in order automatically generate an OTP (One-time password) for secure login.
The reader is integrated and tested with HID Global’s ActivID® Tap™ solution, ActivID® ActivClient, and ActivID® Applets.
- Native CCID implementation supporting WindowsÂ®, LINUXÂ® and MacÂ® operating systems
- SAM-API to for SIO operation
- Small and sleek footprint with optional accessories
- Color kit (with six different colors)
- Mounting kit including a mounting plate, screw and glue options
- Card holder for card presence operation
- Global certifications for worldwide usage.
- Interoperable with various smart card technologies, tags and standards such as
- ISO 14443 A/B
- iCLASS Elite
- iCLASS SE
- Seos (read only)
- MIFARE Classic / Ultralight / Ultralight C / Plus
- MIFARE DESFire / DESFire EV1 / DESFire EV2
- Support for HID Global solutions
- ActivID Tap Authentication Solution
- ActivID ActivClient and ActivID Applets